Writing about the wines of Croatia is always a great pleasure for me!
Croatia is well known as a country of many islands but lesser-known as a country of many vineyards, ranging from the tiny unknowns to the award-winning gold medal wine producers.
With the wine industry blossoming since the independence of Croatia, the quality of the wine being produced is increasingly being recognized internationally. In 2009, Croatia stunned the wine world by taking eight gold medals at the illustrious Decanter Wine Awards, over and above the heavyweights of New Zealand and Chile. In 2016 Croatia won an amazing 72 medals at these same awards.!!!
DUBROVNIK WINE TASTINGS
For those visiting Dubrovnik, I can highly recommend a visit to d’VINO WINE BAR. Located in the heart of the Old Town at Palmotićeva ul. 4A. Open 10 am – 02am. d’Vino has an impressive selection of fine domestic and imported wine available by the glass, bottle, and tasting servings. They also organize wine tours …join a group for a day of fun, sun, and wine..
The Cheese Platters at D’Vino are exceptional…paired with appropriate local fine wines. together with fresh in-season strawberries, pate, sun-dried tomatoes, Proscuitto, and dips.
At d’Vino’s they have an impressive line-up of local wines with staff that are both knowledgeable and very friendly. It is a great introduction to all the wines that Croatia has on offer. Sasha, Tony, and Anita are there to welcome you and introduce you to the world of Croatian wines…
SPLIT WINE TASTINGS
For those visiting Split, I can highly recommend Zinfandel Food and Wine Bar located in the heart of old Split at Ul. Marka Marulića 2. At Zinfandel Food and Wine Bar there are over 100 bottled wines and an extensive range of 20 wines by the glass …a wine to suit every palate. Here you will find wines from Croatia’s most renowned vineyards and wine tastings are available upon request. At Zinfandel Food and Wine Bar great care is taken in selecting their wines..most wines are delivered straight from the vineyards.
Listed below are some of Croatia’s finest wines and many of my personal favourites…..
Bijela Vina – White Wines
- Matošević Alba Malvasia and Aura Chadonnay
- Kozlović Malvazia Santa Lucia 2001
- Benvenuti Malvazija Anno Domini 2010
- Tomac Rajnski Rizling 2015
- Pinkert Sauvignon 2016
- Veralda Malvazija Orange Ambra 2014
- Bolfan Sauvignon 2016
- Crvik Malvasija Dubrovačka Tezoro 2015
- Krajančić Mindel Pošip 2013
- Domaine Koquelicot Epicuria Chardonnay 2013
- Krauthaker Graševina Mitrovac 2015
- Saint Hills Nevina Malvazija Chardonnay 2012
Rosé vina – Rosé Wines
- Pinkert Rosé 2016
- Bibich Rosé Syrah Think Pink 2013
- Kozlović Muškat Ruža Rosé 2015
- Rizman Rusula 2013
- Prović Teuta 2016
Crvena vina – Red Wines
- Tomić Plavac Mali veliki 2011
- Benvenuti Teran 2011
- Meneghetti Red 2011
- Fakin Teran 2019
- Miloš Stagnum 2007
- Ante Sladić Lasina 2020
- Jako Vino Stina Crljenak 2012
- Trapan Syrah BQ Shuloq 2011
- Boškinac Red 2011
- Coronica Grabar Cabernet Sauvignon 2012
- Roxanich Teran 2005
- Korak Syrah 2013
Desertna vina – Desert Wines
- Clai Tasel Bijeli Muškat 2013
- Benvenuti Corona Grande Muškat Momjanski, Malvazija, Ulovina 2013
- Kozlović Sorbus Muškat 2009
- Bodren Izborna Berba Bobica Bijeli Pinot, Chardonnay, Rajnski Rizling, Sivi Pinot, Traminac 2009
- Enjingi Rajnski Rizling Izborna Berba Bobica 2006
Wine can be purchased from both d’Vino Wine Bar in Dubrovnik and from Zinfandel Food and Wine Bar in Split and delivered to your accommodation, gulet or yacht upon request. Contact Robyn Vulinovich if you wish to arrange a wine tasting at either destination. Mobile: +385 998280102 Email: email@example.com