February is the month of Masquerade in Croatia, dressing up to disperse any evil spirits before the Catholic period of Lent. A celebration of overturning any old bad habits of daily life, clearing the way for new life with the beginning of Spring. Evening Balls and Street Parades, fun and frivolity for young and old! Yesterday, 9th February, I visited the Makarska Riviera, a one hour drive south of Split on the Central Dalmatian Coast, and it was a beautiful sight watching mums and dads, their children and teachers, taking part in the local parade…what a lot of fun…..In some other Catholic countries this tradition is called Carnevale.
Let me show you the hidden secrets of beautiful Croatia - from the coast to the mountains, I will share with you my favourite places in this beautiful country.
Robyn Vulinovich, Croatian Tour Specialist
- About Us
- Beachfront Accommodation
- Contact Us
- Croatian Folklore Opera
- Dental Tourism In Split
- Food and Wine
- Irristible Istria and much more..
- Island Pag..an exotic environment
- Legend of the Croatian Coat of Arms
- Luxury Cruising and Sailing Dalmatia
- My Croatia – A Hot Holiday Destination
- My Stories of Australian Croatians in Split
- My Travel Tales
- NEWS for Aust/NZ Croatians!
- Photo Gallery
- Sailing a new route..Split to Zadar
- Small Group Tours
- Spectacular Nature Park
- Wines of Croatia
Looking for something in particular?